Thursday, February 19, 2009

Maybe a little better today???

Well, Dorothy seemed to be little better today.  Now, don't get me wrong, she was still pretty demanding, and agitated, and bossy..But, maybe just slightly, less so.

She was riding a huge high after PT today, where she used the rails to take 10, count them 10 steps and she is getting better at manipulating her right foot.  She is getting stronger every day!  She still ordered me around, but I wasn't there very long, so, it really wasn't too bad.  She wanted to go into the activities room/dining room for some coffee, this was after lots of drama getting her out of bed.  But once she was in her wheelchair, she was ready for action.

I made her some decaf, and she was in her wheelchair near the table.  She likes to go backward more than forward in her wheelchair because it is easier to push with her foot than to pull herself.  So, she kept pushing herself back away from the table into the room, and then she would tell me that she wanted coffee, and I needed to go and push her back to the table.  She started getting mad at me when I told her I wouldn't continue doing this, but she couldn't stay mad because I just kept laughing at her and she realized she was being silly...So, she wasn't as mad, but it didn't make her want me to push her back to the table any less either.

Dad was ok, but still sore from swelling.  I am still trying to get him more protein in his diet to try and help alleviate the edema.  And, I went in and pushed the administrator at the nursing home to change out the house doctor, because we still had that same guy...I hope it will sink in this time that I am really serious.

I will be following up again tomorrow...;)

Much love!

No comments: