The insurance has officially run out for Mom. She has burned through her 100 days of PT, and is now relegated to RNA...I have no idea what that stands for, but it equates to 15 minutes of arm stretches 3 times a week...I remember from Dad. I am not sure how much more Mom would have been able to progress. I am just not sure that she still possesses the capacity to accurately judge what she is, or is not capable of. So, even if she was able to get strong enough to walk short distances with a walker or a cane, I am just not sure if she would be able to focus long enough to pay attention to what she was doing.
She is so funny...She called me today to tell me that her "brown pants clash with the plum shirt", and could I "please bring a tan shirt from her closet so she can match...Oh, and bring cigarettes." Always the penultimate perfectionist. One of our family friends stopped by on Saturday and brought Mom a belated Mother's Day gift...A silver-look costume bracelet, which she just loves. Now she tells me that she wants earrings to go along with it. I have these cute small silver hoops that would be perfect for her...They are easy to put on, fasten securely, and the post snaps into the other side of the hoop, so no sharp, pointy post to stab her. So, I put them on her, and took her over to the mirror to look, and she said "no, these are not the right size and don't match the bracelet..." Everything always has to be perfect...:)
Much love to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment