Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Tough night for Dorth...

Mom is really struggling emotionally.  I am not sure if she is just finally getting the grasp of all that has happened, or there is damage from the stroke, or her medication is causing it, but she is really having a hard time coping.  She is barely sleeping and very mad all the time.  She feels very alone and frustrated, but she won't let anyone help her.  She refused to do physical therapy today, and was so worked up, she said she didn't see Dad all day.

I know she is upset and frustrated, but if she keeps up this pace, she is going to make herself sick.  I am worried about her.  She is livid with me, and told me not to come and visit, but when she heard I was in feeding Dad (I was going to see her before I left), she said she wanted to talk to me...Then she started yelling for me...So, I went in her room, and she just wanted to give me a piece of her mind.  I know this is not her...I am just concerned that she gets herself so worked up.  She is feeling very helpless and out of control, and that has got to be a horrible feeling.  They gave her something to calm her down, and hopefully she will get some sleep tonight.

Dad, on the other hand, was doing pretty well.  Calm, awake, and happy to see me.  He ate some of his dinner, and I gave him an Ensure.  He was hurting from the edema in his legs, and his hands from the skin tears.  But, he was still smiling and happy.

Here is to hoping that tomorrow brings help and peace to Mom.

Much love!

No comments: