Dad was once again in a mood...Not as bad as yesterday, but he is really confused and having a hard time tracking with things, and just gets really angry at the most random things. He kind of has the teenage girl attitude of "something isn't going my way as fast as I would like it to? My whole life is RUINED!" I remember having those emotions...:) It is like he is hyper-sensitive. For instance, he wanted the TV turned on to channel 4 (really the only thing he watches), and when we couldn't locate the remote control (which he can't really work anyway), he just threw his hands in the air and said "well, there goes my night..." I turned on channel 4 manually, and I told him to just push his call button if he wanted it turned off...He said "but, what if I want to watch something else?" Valid question...But, he was almost dozing off when I was leaving after 7:00, so I don't really think it mattered after all. By the way, the remote had accidentally been taken when they changed his bed...They pulled the remote out before they washed it, but then couldn't figure out where the laundry lady put it. At least it is around somewhere. I took my little dog Newman down to see Dad today, and I think he liked seeing the dog. When Dad got in bed tonight, Newman ran right up and liked his face...It made my Dad laugh, which is such a good thing to see.
But, like I said, today was a little better. He ate his dinner out on the patio after some wine and smokes. He was served a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, macaroni salad, soup, carrot and raisin salad, tapioca pudding, and iced tea. He had about half of the sandwich, no soup, a bite of carrot and raisin salad (just enough to know he didn't like it), a few bites of macaroni salad, and all of the tapioca (his favorite). He is so worried about gaining weight, but I have read that some of the side effects of the Decadron (the anti-inflammation steroid) can cause hunger, and he is also starting to get some of the tell tale steroid signs, such as the swollen face and the weight gain. The Decadron is especially important now because it is supposed to help keep the swelling in his brain down.
So, another huge thank you to Paula and Jay! Your help and support has been priceless, but thank you for your donation to the Brain Tumor walk. I was really shooting for the stars when I put $1000 as my goal, and here I am, over a month away, and I am almost there. Thank you to all of you who have donated! I am overwhelmed. My new goal is to bust right through the $1000 and see just how much I can raise! And please, if you would like to take a fall Saturday morning to make a difference in the fight against brain cancer, come walk with us! The more, the merrier! Please let me know if you are even the slightest bit interested.
My friends from Las Vegas are in town for the weekend, so I am going to their youngest son's birthday dinner tomorrow night, so I will miss seeing Dad. But I plan to go on Saturday and Sunday, so I think that will be fine. He seemed to think so too.
Have a wonderful weekend, and go Chargers!
Much love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment