So, no news about Dad tonight because I was at the Charger game. What a great game. It started a little slow, but the end was great! When they went for the 2-point conversion, the stadium went wild! It was pretty full, and we had killer seats. Can't ask for much more than that!
So, tomorrow morning, I am going to radiation to talk to the Dr. I am looking forward to hearing what is next in the plan, and if there is anything we should look for, should or shouldn't do, and what we can expect.
I have high hopes, and am trying to come up with ways to continue to stimulate my Dad, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually. It is hard because he has a difficult time processing the sequence of things. His memory is uncanny, and his sense of humor is right on track, and his vision gets better every day. Yet, I still have to explain the remote control to the TV to him every time I leave, and although he likes to watch TV, he readily admits he doesn't really understand what is going on. I think I am going to try playing cards with him again, and I am thinking of writing him stories or letters that he can read if he gets bored.
I just don't want him to get discouraged or depressed because he is not gotten out of bed first thing in the morning. That seemed to get his day jump-started. And being at work, it makes it difficult for someone to be there and get him motivated in the morning.
I am hoping that his PT starts to escalate somehow. I still haven't witnessed it, and it just doesn't seem to be doing much good. He used to be so motivated after PT, whether it was helping or not. I put lotion on my Dad's arms so he doesn't get dry, and his muscles in his arms have just wasted away. I can't imagine that whatever they are doing in his bed for PT can be doing much good. I am not sure what the prescribed PT is supposed to be, and I guess something is better than nothing, but if someone would just work with him and motivate him, it might make all the difference in the world.
On a tangent, I am not a big Senator Kennedy fan, but since he and my Dad share the same ailment, I am interested in his prognosis and progress. Not sure if you saw him on the news with his speech from the Democratic National Convention, but he looks great.
Anyway, I hope for a detailed report tomorrow after talking to the Dr. Stay tuned!:)
Love to all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment