Well...Today, he was still cranky...At least this evening he was. My Aunt and my cousin's son (her grandson, and my, well...second cousin once removed? Not sure how that goes) went to radiation today. Cody got to watch the whole treatment, which, once they get him loaded onto the table and get his mask secured, the treatment is less than 10 minutes. You can watch were everything is happening on a small screen that the technician uses. When they talked to him there, he seemed to be in good spirits.
By the time I got there tonight, he was very frustrated and angry, and a little confused. My Uncle says he is bored and has too much time to think about everything, especially with this new radiation schedule. I think that is a big part of it.
He said that he started physical therapy today. He said he worked with "the guy from the hallway"...Yah, I think he is confused. There is a man who's wife is in the next room, and he is there almost as much as we are, if not more. He often sits in the hallway right outside her room, in direct eye shot of my Dad. I kind of think he is funny, because he wears thick, black-rimmed glasses, has a very dated hairdo (or perhaps toupee), button up shirts, straight jeans or slacks, and dress shoes...He kind of looks like he could have been an extra on the Brady Bunch. The first few times we were there, I kept having to look around because I kept thinking I had gone back in time. Anyway, from what I can tell, whoever came to see him did the evaluation today. Because, although he says he had PT, he never left his bed. So, I am assuming (hoping) that this was the evaluation, and PT should start tomorrow.
Mom and I are also worried about the chest congestion. Mom asked today if the house Dr. at Magnolia would prescribe the 5 pills of Prednizone like he had gotten back in May for his allergies. He said "no, he can just keep taking the Zyrtec." Well, the chest congestion is causing him a great deal of stress, because he is really scared of getting pneumonia. So, I am going to have my Mom call his primary care Doctor tomorrow to see if Pred can be prescribed with everything else he has going on...It can't hurt to ask...Right?
I hope tomorrow brings more settling in for Dad, and he starts to feel a little better and more positive.
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment