I ask because I can't seem to get everything done in a mere 24 hours, let alone do fun things I want to do...And then on the flip side, there is my Dad, who probably wishes the days would go faster...Or at least were filled with more to do. Life can be funny, can't it?
Dad was doing well tonight when I got there. My Mom and Aunt were there, and my Aunt brought him some Riesen candy, which he LOVED. He has been complaining the last 2 days that his jaw has been bothering him. It is sore and popping on the right side. I am wondering if he has a slight case of TMJ...Not sure what would have brought it on, but maybe the mask from radiation throws it off a little. It is pretty funny though, he will tell you it is a little sore, but then he will want to eat something crunchy or chewy...Like the Riesen my Aunt brought. I told him that he is talking too much...:) He got a kick out of that one.
So, the time has come for them to start remodeling my Dad's room. Starting tomorrow, they will begin work on his room, so tomorrow or the next day, he will be moved to room 20, bed A. He will still be rooming with Jeffrey and Edward, but in another room. They say it takes about 3 weeks to renovate the room, and they will move them back to 40. I have mentioned it before, but the remodeled rooms are gorgeous. Dark hardwood floors, steel blue and sage green accents, dark wood cabinets and drawers, and flat screen TV's. I am not sure about the bathrooms, but if they are anything like the guest restrooms, they may have granite sinks. The look seems so much cleaner and modern, and somehow, roomier. I only hope that the change does not rile Dad up too much...Sometimes he doesn't really like drastic change. We told him all about it, so he has been warned, and maybe he will be farther away from some of the noise he dislikes so much. In fact, the guy next to him sometimes has trouble with the volume on his TV, and it just drives Dad crazy...When my Mom got there today, he was agitated and said "turn that guy's TV down or off...I just can't take it anymore!" My Mom, looked right at him and gently said "Scotch...It is your TV..." All he could say was "oh...Then turn it off too!"
Speaking of noise, he keeps scolding me and my Mom (my Mom especially) about our shoes. He says that they are too loud on the floor, and we should get other shoes so we don't bother the other residents. But, then I told him he wouldn't be able to hear Mom and she might sneak up on him...He said "never mind...keep the ones you have!" We just laughed.
I am going out with friends tomorrow, so I am not going to see Dad. But I will be back to see him on Friday.
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment