I went and picked up my cousin Lvonne from the airport last night. She is on my Mom's side of the family, from Pennsylvania. She asked if she could come for a visit, and I said of course. I didn't, however, tell my Mom. If I had, Mom would have worried incessantly until she got here..This way, she got to just be surprised at lunch today, and boy was she surprised.:) Lvonne will be here all week, and I am hoping she will help us to change up the routine a little, and we can do some things we haven't done in a while...Eat out, shopping...etc.
After lunch today, Mom, Lvonne and I went down to Magnolia to see Dad. I had told Dad on Sunday that Lvonne was coming, so he was just happy to see her! We spent the latter part of the afternoon and into the evening with Dad. He was doing pretty good today. Lvonne and I did stop by radiation this morning, and for the minute or so that we saw him, he seemed really emotional and agitated.
But, this afternoon, he was pretty calm, and we had good conversation about the family, and the Olympics and how he hates cream of wheat.
He had complained about before the cream of wheat, and hot cereals in general. So, when the dietitian came in to talk to his room mate, he told me to "grab her so we can ask her a question..." I said, "what question?" And he said"...Um....I don't know..." Well, by this time, she had walked out. So, remembering about cream of wheat, I went down the hall after her, and mentioned that he didn't like cream of wheat. She said "oh no...And they give it to him every morning.." So she came back and talked to him, and it looks like he will be getting cold cereal from now on...He was very happy about that!
And another special thanks to Debbie Miller for your donation to Team Scotch on the Rocks for the Brain Tumor Foundation Walk on September 13th. I so appreciate your support and kind words about Dad. He is so fortunate to have worked with so many special people at Rohr/Goodrich. Thank you for taking the time and effort to donate to such a worthy cause.
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
Much love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!
Post a Comment