Today was a really nice day. I got some more stuff done around the house, and got to spend a few hours with Dad. I took him a slice of Costco pizza and a diet Coke...He was thrilled! I also gave him a pseudo manicure (cut and filed his nails, and massaged his hands with lotion), he loved it! Don't tell him I told you though...he would be embarrassed:).
My Mom and I showed up at the same time, and we were lucky enough to run into our friends Dennis and Maddie and their kids, on the way out from their visit with Dad. It was really good to see them. And Dad told us that my Aunt and Uncle came by this morning. All in all, I think he had a good day. He was in great spirits when Mom and I left around 7:30 or so. That is a little early for us to leave, but he was ready to rest.
My Mom brought the quilt with her so I could see it, and I took some photos to show you. It is just gorgeous! So thoughtful and touching...In a beautiful form, that we will have forever. It is so special...To all of us.
I hope you enjoy the shots of Dad and the quilt, and close-ups of the quilt squares. Thank you again Bonnie and Mike, Jay, Paula and John.
Have a great week everyone and don't forget, Dad's radiation will change to 10:00 a.m. starting tomorrow.
Love to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment