I spent the morning with my friends who are in town visiting. I always call them my "big-family family." I met Kristin at SeaWorld about 17 years ago, and even after she moved to Las Vegas, we remained close. We were in each other's weddings, and whenever I spend time with her family, I always feel like one of the bunch. Her brothers and sisters-in-law and nieces and nephews are fun and active and it is what I always imagined it would be like to have siblings. Last night, we celebrated her youngest son Ethan's 6th birthday (they grow so fast), and then watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, which were like nothing I have ever seen before...Breathtaking.
Kristin's Mom Susie passed away in 1999 from a glioblastoma, like my Dad has. Only, hers was found very late, and she passed away about 3 weeks after surgery. She was a teacher, so full of life and love for her children and grandchildren. As I mentioned before, Kristin will be walking on September 13th as well.
It was a beautiful day. I got to Dad in the late afternoon, and he had just gotten out of the shower. He was in bed and happy to be settled again. What I saw today seemed much better than most of the other days this past week. Mom said that today seemed better, but he still got agitated from time to time. He and I chatted about the opening ceremonies, his chat with our cousin Steve who stopped by today, and then dinner showed up. Mom said he had a big lunch, but for dinner he ate half a sandwich, and his ice cream. He was tired, and was watching the Padre game, then the Charger game, and then the Olympics with his eyes open just a crack. I left about 7:40, and he was about ready to doze off. I am planning on going back tomorrow for a few hours in the afternoon. He seemed good today.
Much love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment