Sunday, August 17, 2008

I spent some time with Dad yesterday between lunch with friends and the Padre Game at night. What a great game...We actually won! We sat in some killer seats, and you know when the Pad Squad sling shots shirts and balls into the crowd? We had a shirt bobble over to us, and I got hit in the shoulder with one of those balls! Luckily, it is a squishy ball. Giving the shirt to Dad thanks to Lynda...I think he will really like it!

I went up to Irvine to have lunch with some old friends. It was good to see them both, and to meet their new baby Jacob. Kathy was there for me during hard times before, and here she is, right back to give advice, support, happy thoughts and understanding. I guess it takes times like these to make it oh so clear who our true friends are. Jacob is just darling, and has the biggest blue eyes you have ever seen. What a little sweetie!

I did go by and see Dad this evening for just a few minutes. He was doing well, but a little tired. he told me that my Uncle came by today, and our good friend Dennis came by yesterday. I owe a huge thanks to Dennis and his wife Maddie and their kids Matthew and Danielle for their generous donation to Team Scotch on the Rocks. They officially pushed me over my goal of raising $1000! I set that goal as a dream, and never did I think I would actually make it! Thank you so much to everyone!

We have a great group of walkers lined up for the team, and with Kristin's team, we will have a blast! It is less than a month away now!:)

Anyway, Dad was pretty good tonight. A little confused, but he can get that way when he is tired. He only has a few weeks left of radiation. He started one month ago today. I think he goes all this week and then the following week until Thursday. From what I understand from the radiation oncologist, they will then review his chemo, and either change the dosage, or cut him back to 5 pills a month, or both. He also said they will wait 2 months and then do a Cat Scan to see what is going on inside his head. He said that the radiation continues to work until then. I am a little nervous about radiation ending. Not that I want him to have to go through that, but it does get him up and out of bed, and out of Magnolia...His days will be getting very long and even more boring...This is not good for his stimulation. So, we will do our best to change things up as much as possible and hope that we have visitors to help pass the time.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week!:)

Much love!

No comments: