So, last night was a fluke...I came in and turned on the computer, and while it was booting up, I went back into my bedroom to grab something and sat down on the bed...Next thing I knew, I woke up, it was 3:13 a.m., all of the lights and the TV were on...I must have been tired.
I did see Dad last night, and tonight. He was doing well both nights. He is not having any pain really, and most of the time, his attitude is awesome. He sometimes gets frustrated because he doesn't have much in the way of patience, and he is pretty sensitive to things...Those things are not at all what my Dad used to be. He was patient and humble and tolerant...But, if this is the most severe part of the situation, I will take it.
I got a call from Dad's friend Jack today. He had gone by to see him, and had some questions about their visit. He hit the nail on the head when he said that one minute, you will be having a perfectly logical, normal conversation with him, and the next, he will talk about something that isn't exactly correct...My problem is telling the difference! Sometimes when he speaks what I think is nonsense, I find out he is right. I have learned not to doubt him...:)
So, in addition to Jack, my Dad's friend Rip stopped by, and a wonderful surprise in the evening, was Trisha. Trisha works in my Mom's dentist's office. If you remember from back in June, when my Dad went to see Dr. Hardy, the dentist and some of his staff came down to say hello because both Dr.'s are in the same building. I guess when Mom was at the dentist today, she mentioned to Trisha where Dad was, and she was sweet enough to come by for a visit. What a nice surprise and such a kind gesture. Thank you Trisha, you were a great end to the evening for him...And Mom and I too!:)
I also have to give a big thank you to the Kartvedt family for their donation. Another note of encouragement and such a kind gesture. This is the family of the brother of my friend Kristin, and as I mentioned before, they lost their mom Susie in 1999 to a glioblastoma multiforme. Thank you Nan Marie!!:) As I have said before, I call them my "big family" family, and they have always made me feel like one of the bunch...Sharing happy times and sad, and being there for each other, and now, once again, I am blessed to have those who are right here during the dark times. I am a very lucky person...And so thankful for that. I am not sure what I would do if i didn't have the strength of others to get me through each day. Sometimes, when I think there is just nothing left in me, someone calls, or emails, or visits, or sends a card and makes me realize that there is enough left to get through the next hurdle. It is truly an amazing feeling.
Much love!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment