Friday, August 1, 2008

TGIF

The close of another work week. And a full week at Magnolia, where I think my Dad is settling in well. He has gotten to the point where he will ask someone to give him his cigars, and he will wheel himself outside for a smoke. This drives my Mom crazy because she doesn't think he should smoke alone. She is afraid he might drop his cigar and catch himself on fire...I guess it is a possibility, but unlikely. I like that he is wheeling himself around though. That can help him with dexterity and hand eye coordination, and it gets his arms moving.

I didn't see him tonight, but I will be going in the morning. I am not sure if they started PT today or not, but if not, I am hoping they will start soon. Monday, his radiation changes to 10:00 in the morning. I hope that doesn't throw his schedule off too much. I really liked the idea of 3:00 because it allowed him to get up, have breakfast, have PT, have lunch, go to radiation, come back and have dinner. It kind of made it a full day for him. Now I fear that the afternoons will get awfully long if he is back from the bulk of his day by Noon. Hopefully, the PT will then take place in the afternoon.

Looking forward to spending time with Dad this weekend, and getting some chores done around the house. I am also looking forward to going to the Padre game on Saturday night...Go Pads!

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Much love!

No comments: