Well, the final stretch of this part. This week is Dad's last week of radiation, so Mom and I will be there on Tuesday to chat with Dr. Uhl to see what we need to do/be aware of/change in the absence of coming to radiation therapy every week day. I can't believe it has been 6 weeks already. It just seems like yesterday we were raising hell with Sharp because that computer that finalized his position in the radiation machine was broken...It is amazing how time passes.
Saw Dad for about an hour today. I had done a little "worshipping" (shoe shopping), at my "church" (DSW - Designer Shoe Warehouse) with my friend Allison. We wanted to check out the new DSW that opened up in Otay Ranch, and we had lunch at the Macaroni Grill. When I lived up in Orange County, there was a Macaroni Grill right down the street from my house, and it had gotten to be the place we went when my parents would come up to visit. Now we finally have one south of North County Fair!
Then Allison and I went to Magnolia for a visit. For a little while there, it was my Mom, Allison, and our friends the Helmantoler's came by, so there was a room full! He was tired today, which he is on days that he doesn't have radiation or PT. I was there for dinner, and he didn't like his stew much, and his jaw continued to bother him. He did eat his corn bread (with butter), his pears and raisins, and then when I told him there were chocolate chip cookies, he wanted those something awful. They were pretty crunchy, so even though I broke a little piece off, it still hurt him to chew. So, I made him the happiest guy in the room when I would break off a piece and dunk it in milk until it was soft before I gave it to him.
I also brought him some "mini-pops" from See's Candies. Ever since Dad has been asking for "chocolate Werther's" I have thought about those See's hard candy lollipops in chocolate. Then I remembered that they had little candy versions called "mini-pops." Then it was a matter of finding the time to go to See's...Which I did today. He was pretty happy with his "mini-pops," but I still think he likes the Werther's better...That is ok, now he has the choice.
I know I won't be seeing Dad tomorrow because I get to go to the Charger game thanks to my friend Andrea. I am so excited to go! I do plan on going to radiation on Tuesday morning, so I will see Dad briefly then, and again in the evening.
Because he has had so few side effects to the radiation and chemo, I am interested to see what happens when he is not on them any longer. I wonder how much of the tiredness, or the crankiness, or the confusion, lack of appetite (except for the sweet things he loves) or the sensitivity is actually a side effect. Maybe none of it, but I am anxious to see if there is any difference.
I hope everyone's week is a great one!
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment