Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Another good day...

I am almost afraid to speak (blog) out loud about it, because I don't want to get too boastful that things are going well...However, today was another upbeat day.

First of all, I and my family are so blessed to have family and friends who are supportive and there for us always, but now especially in our time of need. Each and every visit is so welcome and important to Dad's well being, and each and every good thought, email, hug makes us all stronger and helps us to face another day.

But, I am so grateful for the donations to Team Scotch on the Rocks. In addition to the Mosley's generosity, I need to give a shout out to the Altomare's, the Bucci's, the Briggs' and the Ferguson's...THANK YOU ALL! Thank you for donating to this cause now so close to all our hearts. My Dad cries with joy and pride every time I give him an update...And that is worth every penny to me.

I went to see Dad this afternoon, and I know Margie came by (glad you made it Margie...Sorry you got lost). When I got there, Mom and Dad were on the patio having a smoke. As we got to talking, my Dad started telling me about "Joe" the administrator coming to talk to them today. My Mom told me the whole story, which started with my new "friend" Debbie from Sharp Health Care stopping by today. Unfortunately, Dad had just left for radiation, so she just missed him, but she did have a meeting with Joe (the administrator) regarding getting my Dad started on Physical Therapy. Hallelujah. So, Joe told my folks that he is working on getting things set up, and then my Dad was saying that there would be some sort of evaluation...I am hoping this is good news, because I want to let the evaluator to know what my Dad's limitations are and what he can do, and what he is capable of doing if he can rebuild strength. I will be putting a call into Debbie first thing in the morning to thank her profusely for her quick action and see if I can impart more "Ed Reed wonderfulness" to her, while finding out what, who and when this evaluation takes place. I would like to happen to be visiting at that time...

Also, we finally got the bill for Dad's hospital stay and surgery. Now, as much as I was on my high horse yesterday about Secure Horizons, I am happy to say that our co pay is just shy of $900....Not too bad when the bill totaled...Are you ready???? Wait for it.....$146,047.95. It is not itemized, but just the amount is staggering. Not really surprising, meds, SICU for 5 days, operating room, several MRI's and CT scans...But my goodness. Thank you Secure Horizons...Oh thank you so much.

Tomorrow is another day to keep fighting the fight, and try and face anything coming our way, but I am sure taking a moment tonight to be thankful for today and the blessings it brought...Which I do every night, but today leaves me with a smile on my face.

Love to all!

No comments: