Holy cow! I was there today when they were jackhammering for the first time...I swear, even with earplugs in, you would have thought they were right next to us...My Dad and I were trying to have a conversation, and our heads were approximately a foot apart...And we couldn't hear each other. It was like the Travelocity or Orbitz commercial where the couple is unpacking in their hotel room and every time the guy opens his mouth, they jackhammer...Unbelievable. They are apparently replacing a pipe in the hallway, and they have a hole in the floor approximately 2 feet wide and 10 feet long, and it is about 4 feet deep. They don't know how much longer it will be...I hope it gets fixed soon!
Dad was a little down today. I think that between the machine still being broken, with no indication when it will be fixed, and the jackhammering, and his room mate yelling all the time, he is just overwhelmed. He was even disappointed in his PT today. He said he felt like "there were 80 year olds running circles around him." I sure hope they get that machine fixed soon...And the pipe fixed soon...And Terry (his room mate) feels better and quiets down...Soon.
I kept trying to get his spirits up, and telling him that each day is new and he has opportunities to excel and try hard each and every day. Sometimes the pep talks work, and sometimes they don't. And sometimes, they work after a period of time. I miss the "grand plan" speech...I haven't heard it in a while. The longer we have to wait, the more the momentum slows.
He did tell me today "I just can't wait for chemo and radiation. I can't believe I want something that will probably hurt and make me sick, but I just want to get it going. For something different, something new...And it is going to help me get better." So, he still has his determination, but it is just dialed down a bit.
I go back to work tomorrow. I took a few days off because we had to get some power of attorney stuff in line, and I took my Mom to a Dr.'s appointment today. It is a regularly scheduled appointment that my Dad always took her to, so I wanted to be sure she was ok.
Anyway, I hope to have good news of some sort tomorrow. Let's hope the machine is working soon...Maybe, if he can start radiation, he will be gone to his treatments while they are jackhammering..."Kill two birds with a couple of stones" as my Mom would say...She always gets them wrong.
Much love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment