So, today is the first day in a few weeks that I didn't get to see my Dad. Work and then dinner with friends up in Solana Beach (at Fidel's...it was amazing! How have I never heard of it before?). By the time we were done, it was too late to see him. But, I knew that ahead of time, and told him...Whether he remembers or not is a whole other thing.
I did talk to my Mom tonight, who, like I asked her last night, brought Dad some coffee from home. After he got through telling me how wretched Starbucks decaf was yesterday, he said that he couldn't wait to go home to have a cup of coffee from there, because that is what he missed. So, I told Mom to bring some to him. All he could do was tell her it was "awful." My poor Mom takes everything so personally, she was just heartbroken that he didn't like the coffee...That is until he got a little upset with her at the end of the night, when she said she was going to stick around until he finished his piece of candy (she is worried he might choke, which I am not sure is a good idea or completely ridiculous...), and boy he got mad and told her to "go home." She said, she would be going soon, and he said "get out of my room." She was a little less effected by the nasty coffee comment...I think it was because she is realizing that these spells are not really him...At least I hope that is the reason. Either way, it is still hard when my Dad gets like that...Although it has been much better for the past 3 or 4 weeks, since the brain swelling from the surgery went down.
I still think it is a side effect from the medication. And with all of the new medication and treatments, who knows what all is going on inside his head and body.
One of my good friends from work bought me a book that I am very anxious to read...It is all about brain tumors from diagnosis to treatment to survival. I have thumbed through it a little, and it kind of looks like a "Brain Tumors for Dummies" kind of book. It talks all about the types of tumors, medications (and their side effects), treatment options and almost everything you may ever want to know. Seems like a nice light read, right?
He went back to radiation today, and for all intents and purposes, did well.
I hope to see him for a few minutes tomorrow between work and dinner with friends. Dinner will be in La Mesa, so close by works better for me. Hope he doesn't throw me out...;)
Much love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment