So, radiation did finally start today. It took them a few tries to get him situated on the table, and to get the mask thing on him so it wasn't hurting, and get it attached to the table. They let my Mom in that whole time, and then let her watch from the little control room. I guess she said that on the monitor, they had the areas circled or highlighted that they were targeting, which is the tumor cavity and the small tumor on the left side. She said they were all commenting on how large the tumor on the right had been.
When I asked him how it was, he said it was a piece of cake...YAY! Mom said he got a little emotional after the treatment...But with all the build up and waiting, who would blame him.
Oh, and he took his first chemo pill last night. The floor nurse Flor (no pun intended), kept a close eye on him until she left at Midnight, and she asked the night nurse to check in on him throughout the night, to make sure he was ok. Both ladies said he was snoring away all night. He said he felt fine when he woke up in the morning, and I think he even did PT. I know it is only the first day, but I am just hoping that this will continue.
Still tired today. Found out they have to replace the entire length of pipe...So, bad news is more jackhammering...Good news is that it is making it's way further down the hall away from Dad. Although I am not sure we will be there much longer, which may be a good thing. We are looking for a new place that can handle him as a long term care patient. Thankfully, my Aunt has offered to help try and find a place. That way, I can be at work, where I can, oh I don't know, continue to earn a paycheck, and call insurance companies, and that gives my Mom a chance to be with Dad. My Aunt and Uncle have really been a blessing throughout this whole thing.
In actuality, we have had so many people who have been there for us emotionally, physically, spiritually...The phone calls, sweet voicemails, emails, cards, hugs, plants...It has all been wonderful for my Mom and I. Most important right now, is keeping Dad's spirits up. I know visits will be a little more difficult now that he is so busy, but weekends will be open, and once we figure out where he will be moving to, I will let you all know.
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment