Thursday, July 17, 2008

If it is not one thing...It is another...

So, after a little creative complaining, my Dad should start his radiation today in the afternoon. He took (or was supposed to take) his first chemo pill last night.

I also think that the jackhammering is done.

So all is good right? No, not really...

I guess an assessor from Secure Horizons came and assessed my Dad's progress yesterday, and has decided that he is not progressing as much as they think he should be, and has decided to suspend benefits at Arbor Hills, and he needs to be out within 48 hours.

So, I have filed an appeal, and I am hoping that they will review his records and approve for him to remain at Arbor Hills. We like it there. It is clean, convenient and the staff is good to him. If things don't go in our favor, we will have to find another place for him, until we can take him home. Just a lot to do and not much time to do it in.

Other than that, Dad was a little down yesterday. I think all of this waiting, in addition to the yelling room mate, and jack hammering has weakened his resolve. He has been more tired, and napping more, but I think he is not really getting a good night's sleep either. It tends to wear on you. I also think that his physical therapy has not been as good because he is so tired, which frustrates him even more.

Visitors are always good to cheer him up. If he indeed starts his chemo today, it looks like he will be going in the afternoons. From what I understand, it really only takes about 10 minutes to get him in, on the table, radiated, and off the table. So, it will take him longer to go the .75 miles to the appointment than it will to have the appointment. But at least we are getting the ball rolling.

Anyway, hoping for better news coming up.

Much love.

No comments: