Thursday, July 10, 2008

It is finally all catching up with me...

Sorry there was no post yesterday. I have been fighting a cold for the last week, and it finally caught up with me.

I did see Dad last night, and he was doing well. He had some new visitors yesterday (thank you Jack, Ceille and Stu), and that always inspires him. But still, he was ready to go to sleep by 7:30.

He was in pretty good spirits, and we had quite a few laughs. He got a shower, and that always makes him feel better. Ever since we went to the eye Dr., where I gave him a Werther Caramel from the candy bowl, he has been craving these candies. So, after asking for them over and over, my Mom left and ran out to get him a bag.

Yes, more cravings...:) It is so funny too. It is like having an 8-year old child...He complains that they give him SOOOOO much food at this place...He likes it, and often eats it all, but it is "so much." I personally think is is very balanced and the portions are generous, but not out of control. But within an hour of eating, he wants chips, or candy. In fact, the other day he tried to get me to let him eat chips instead of lunch...Well, I am kind of stern when it comes to living on chips, so we can usually work out a deal...Eat his meal, and if he is still hungry, he can have some chips.

But yesterday, he started complaining that he had wanted Werther's Chocolates, and that he had been asking for them, and only got caramels. I called him out because my Mom takes everything so seriously, and was basically heartbroken thinking she had gotten him the wrong thing. I told him that he asked for caramels, and I wasn't even sure Werther's made a chocolate flavor...I will be at the store later trying to find them.

He was asking what lay in store for him today. I told him that he was going to do PT, and he said "and then what?" I told him that he would be hanging out the rest of the day. He really likes to feel like he is accomplishing something every day, and while the PT used to be enough, he wants more stimulation. I think, starting Monday, he will get his wish!

So, he takes a short trip back to the Cancer Center tomorrow so they can line him up on the radiation machine in preparation for the start of his radiation treatments on Monday. Just his luck, when we were there on Tuesday, the machine was broken. So he goes tomorrow for this last check, and then Monday, he will start the radiation and the chemo pill.

I am just hopefull that he doesn't have many side effects from the treatments, and that they work well. Now for the next round of hopes and prayers I guess.:)

Love to all!

No comments: