So, I got the call that our appeal to have Dad continue to stay in the rehab status was denied. I am not really surprised I guess. So, now we are hoping a long term bed opens up someplace close. If something doesn't open up early this week, there is an opportunity a little farther away, in Spring Valley, so we may look into that as another option.
I saw Dad this morning for about an hour. It was right after breakfast, and he was in pretty good spirits. He said he slept pretty good, but was a little upset because he felt like he wasn't doing much toward improvement. I am pretty sure they have stopped the PT since the notification from Secure Horizons. I know that the goal is to get someone to their full potential, but with my Dad, it is not like he will stay at his "full potential" unless he continues to receive PT...Especially with the chemo and radiation treatments. So, I think our next step is to talk to the Dr.'s and have them prescribe PT.
But he did have a few visitors today that brightened his day. Fred, Mike and Bonnie all were there at the same time, which may have been a little overwhelming, but welcome. He got his Costco pizza for dinner thanks to my Mom...There was apparently some miscommunication on when it was going to arrive, and Dad got really mad when Mom showed up in the afternoon without the pizza...So, she ran out to get it for him. I told her in a situation like that, she needed to be a little tougher with him, and tell him he should be happy to see her and she will get the pizza when the time is right...But he has so much trouble with time, it doesn't always work. Well, and I set him straight if he is not nice to me...She doesn't always stand up for herself for fear she will upset him...There is probably a happy medium between us that is really the right response.
So, after just 2 days, Team Scotch on the Rocks is 3 people strong (thank you Kathy and Allison)! I think it will be a really fun event and would love to have as big a team as possible...Come on...3.1 miles is nothing for a great cause!:) I can be pretty persuasive...
Anyway, a lot going on in the week ahead. Finding a place for Dad, talking with insurance companies, Dad's radiation, work, fun evenings with friends...Doesn't seem like enough hours in the day sometimes. But somehow we manage to get through it.
Happy weekend to everyone!
Much love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment